Ros Hewton graduated from Adelaide University with a B.A.. majoring in Music and Latin. She also has a Graduate Diploma in Intercultural Music Studies 1995, a Graduate Certificate in Language Education (German) 1994 from Adelaide University and a Graduate Certificate in Education (Studies of Asia) from Flinders University 2001.
She taught Music and German in Secondary schools in S.A. for many years and now teaches piano and music theory privately.
In 1983 she wrote a Multicultural Music Curriculum for Primary and Secondary students, funded by the Commonwealth Government Schools Commission. This curriculum focussed on the music, dance and culture of Italy, Germany, Greece, Cambodia and Vietnam.
She was active in Studies of Asia in schools for many years and was the Studies of Asia Coordinator at Unley High school. .
She has accompanied Dang Thao Nguyen on piano and keyboard since 1984. Together they have
- Performed at Victor Harbour Folk Festivals, Rotary Conventions
- presented workshops on Vietnamese culture and music in many schools, both primary and secondary in Adelaide and in country SA
- presented workshops at Studies of Asia Conferences- Flinders University
- presented a workshop “Learning Vietnamese Language through Folksong” at Linking Latitudes International Education Conference , Hanoi, 2005
- presented workshops to First Year Music and Arts students- Adelaide University
Together with the Dang Thao Ensemble she has performed at Tet Festivals (Vietnamese Community of SA) and at the Global Festival of Vietnamese Traditional Music in Sydney 2015